Way Out Where
Monday, February 21, 2005
 
When the going gets weird, the weird ...
... shoot themselves with a shotgun?

Hunter S Thompson, writer of what is possibly my favourite book (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) and inspiration for about 1,000 different things, is dead.

There was a period in my life where, when people who I respected and admired died, I couldn't care less. I think perhaps I felt this meant they left a perfect legacy; that I could almost be happy about it.

I now think that this is shit. I never met Hunter S Thompson. I knew no family members. I don't know anyone who knows anyone who knows him. I am about as far removed from him as anyone possibly could be. And yet still, I am sad that he is dead.

Farewell to a great man.

Possibly his last published work. Link is here, because I just love the idea of him and Bill Murray hanging out playing golf with shotguns


<< Home

Powered by Blogger